Toyota automobiles are one of the most reliable foreign automobiles. Their heightened reliability often makes up for their higher purchasing prices. Toyota cars, SUVs, trucks and vans make for dependable cars that will last longer than other cars when maintained.
Despite the innovation and ingenuity that goes into designing and constructing these vehicles with a long-term focus, they are still prone to certain mechanical issues.
Let’s take a look at some of the more common make- and model-specific issues of Toyota vehicles. We’ll also briefly mention what our technicians at Triangle Car Care in Raleigh can do to fix these issues.
Common Toyota Vehicle Problems
Quality and durability are two prominent qualities of Toyota vehicles. Despite this, they are still prone to certain mechanical issues that can cause everything from minor nuisances to major mechanical breakdowns.
Below is a shortlist of the more common Toyota repair problems that we repair along with what our technicians do to correct them: Brake Pad and Rotor Failure – Brake pads wear due to braking. Rotors can become bent and warped due to excessive or hard braking. We can replace brake pads, resurface rotors, and replace rotors that may be too damaged to safely use.
- Water Pump Malfunctions – The water pump in Toyota vehicles helps to move water that cools the engine. When this pump fails, engines tend to overheat and numerous other mechanical problems arise. Our technicians can replace failing water pumps and repair damage that the vehicle may have sustained.
- Timing Belt Failure – The timing belt synchronizes the rotation of the crankshaft and the camshafts of Toyota vehicles to ensure that combustion happens reliably. When these components begin to fail, the vehicle runs poorly if it runs at all. We can replace failing timing belts in Toyota vehicles while performing other mechanical maintenance.
- Front Strut/Shock Absorber Failure – Struts and shock absorbers lessen the impact of bumps and other road imperfections on the passenger in the car. When these begin to fail, the ride begins considerably rougher. Our technicians can replace these failing parts while ensuring that no other damage has occurred.
Common Model-Specific Toyota Problems
While the above issues affect Toyota vehicles in general, there are some problems that extend to specific models of Toyota automobiles.
Toyota Siennas have electric sliding doors that tend to fail. A cable in the door tends to become splayed, which in turn can cause damage to the electrical components within the door. We can replace the cable and any damaged components to restore sliding door functionality.
Toyota vehicles with V6 engines, which includes the Toyota Camry and 4Runner, tend to have problems with steering pumps and power steering hoses. These components can fail and leak, which can cause a loss of power steering. We can repair these components and replace any power steering fluid.
Specializing in the Repair of all Toyota Models
At Triangle Car Care, we specialize in providing complete Toyota repair services for every model of Toyota. We can repair older vehicles and newer ones, which include models of Toyota cars, including:
- Toyota crossovers and SUVs, including: Highlander, Land Cruiser, RAV4, 4Runner, Sequoia, and Venza.
- Toyota trucks, including: Tacoma and Tundra.
- Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sienna and Yaris.
Contact us now to obtain a FREE Estimate from Raleigh’s best Toyota repair mechanics.
Call Triangle Car Care today at (919) 787-0966