Ford manufactures countless makes and models of cars, trucks, SUVs and vans designed to serve the many needs of hard-working people. Their affordable vehicles can also be considered some of the most luxurious working-class domestic cars on the market.
Despite the wide amount of versatility, they are prone to certain problems. Cosmetic defects, spark plug failure, defective alternators and broken fuel pumps are among some of the most common issues we see with Ford vehicles.
The good news is that these are relatively easy to fix given our plentiful experience with fixing Fords at Triangle Car Care.
What Are Some Common Problems with Ford Vehicles?
While model-specific problems do exist, there are certain areas where Fords must be repaired and maintained. Below is a short list of those Ford-specific problems along with what our technicians can do to fix them.
- Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement – Our technicians can replace worn brake pads and resurface rotors to extend their life. If they are too worn, we can replace them with new rotors and brakes designed to work best with Fords.
- Spark Plug Replacements – When the engine fails to turn over, faulty spark plugs are typically are fault. We can replace them with new spark plugs designed to ignite the air-fuel mixture in your vehicle.
- Head Gasket Replacement – Head gaskets seal the engine cylinder to allow for compression while separating coolant from the air-gas mixture. While the process is relatively labor-intensive, our technicians can quickly replace this simple component to correct many engine-related problems in Fords.
- Alternator Repair and Replacement – The alternator provides an electrical current that recharges the automotive battery in your vehicle. When it begins to fail, it can result in everything from difficulty starting your car to a dead battery. We can repair or replace your alternator.
- Fuel Pump Repair – The fuel pump circulates gasoline to the engine. Numerous engine troubles with Fords can be caused by a failing fuel pump, which our technicians can replace.
What About Model-Specific Problems?
Even the newest Ford F-150s and Expeditions have several problems. While these can cause problems, they are often not serious enough to warrant a recall from Ford.
The F-150 has a Liftgate designed to make opening the tailgate easy when your hands are fuel. The actuator in the lift can fail, and cosmetic racks can form around the liftgate trim panel. This can result in damage that can short your electrical system while resulting in hindered functionality.
Stuck heaters are another problem that newer Ford models, such as the 2015 Ford Mustang and Fusion, are notorious for having. Failed heater blend doors or actuators tend to cause this to happen. As the problem persists, the heater can fail and require the entire heater box assembly to be replaced.
Let Us Repair Your Ford Vehicle
We specialize in providing car repair for every type of Ford. We can work with older models as well as new models that other car repair companies in Raleigh may be unable to work with.
Examples of Ford makes and models we can repair include:
- Ford Cars, including: Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Mustang, C-Max and Taurus.
- Ford Crossovers and SUVs, including: Escape, Edge, Explorer, Flex, Expedition and Transit Connect.
- Ford Hybrids and EVs, including: C-MAX Hybrid SEL C-MAX Energi, Focus Electric and Fusion Hybrid SE.
- Ford Trucks, including: F-150, Super Duty, Transit and Transit Connect.
- Future Ford Models, which include: 2017 Raptor, Ford GT and 2017 Super Duty.