Honda is one of the more popular makes of cars. They provide excellent value, quality, and longevity when they are properly maintained. Drivers of Honda vehicles often remark that they provide a similar level of luxury that more costly vehicles provide. Reliability can only go but so far without proper Honda repair & scheduled maintenance.
Despite the fact that they are engineered to be durable while providing a high amount of comfort, Honda vehicles do encounter numerous mechanical problems. Solving these issues promptly will help to ensure that your Honda vehicle provides numerous years of comfort and usability.
Let’s explore some of the more common reasons for Honda repairs while taking a look at how our mechanics can solve these issues.
Common Honda Repair Issues
Most Honda repairs require relatively few repair trips per year. The Honda Accord, for example, only requires between 1 to 14 trips per 100 vehicles per year.
Due to the way Honda parts are used, some issues become common to all or most Honda vehicles. These issues tend to affect all Honda automobiles rather than just one or two specific models of vehicles.
Below is a brief look at those Honda-specific issues along with how our repair technicians at Triangle Car Care resolve these issues.
- Brake Rotor Vibration – When excessive braking force is introduced to brake rotors or they are used for a long period without changing brake pads, Honda vehicle rotors tend to warp. They will wobble and vibrate. We can resurface salvageable rotors while replacing rotors that cannot be fixed.
- Timing Belt Failure – The timing belt in Honda cars synchronizes the crankshaft and camshafts. When this belt begins to fail, Honda vehicles may have trouble running or refrain from running. Our technicians can replace timing belts while checking the engine timing of your car.
- Failing Starters – When a Honda vehicle fails to start, it is usually a failed starter at work. Our technicians can replace starters in Honda while investigating for any electrical issues that may have caused the starter to fail.
- Air Conditioning Blowing Warm Air – The AC compressor in Honda can fail, which results in hot air being blown into the cab. We can replace the compressor while recharging the unit, which ensures that the air conditioning should work as it should.
Model-Specific Honda Repairs
There are some problems that extend to specific models of Honda vehicles. These problems can range from minor annoyances to serious mechanical issues that can prevent your car from running properly.
Honda Accords, while reliable cars are prone to automatic transmission failures. The cause of these failures can be something as simple as a leak in the transmission line to issues that require an overhaul of the transmission. Our technicians can repair transmission issues by diagnosing and finding the problem.
Honda Pilots can experience an issue where their wire harnesses may overheat. This can cause the low beams to fail, which poses a potential hazard for the driver. We can replace the wire harness and the combination switch connector to ensure the low beams work properly.
Honda Accords, CR-Vs, and CR-Zs can encounter issues where the door lock may fail to function. The mechanisms in the doors may be damaged if this happens. We can replace the door mechanisms and replace any malfunctioning electronic components to restore the door locks to working order.
Repairing Past and Present Models of Honda Vehicles
Our experienced technicians at Triangle Car Care are great at Honda repair and work on lots of different models. These include Honda models such as:
- Accord Hybrids and Sedans
- Civic Coupes, Hybrids, HFs, and Civic Sedans
- Crosstours, CR-Vs, CR-Zs, Fits and HR-Vs
- Odysseys and Pilots