Jay Leno has a $350 million net worth, with about 14 percent of that figure of his earnings from the Jay Leno Garage, a museum housing more than 135 impressive cars the comedian owns. Add 90 motorcycles to the collection as well. The former late-night show host is more knowledgeable about cars than many historians and holds a deep passion for automobiles. His passion is finding cars and fixing them up. His current collection contains a vehicle from every era and is constantly increasing in size as he adds new vehicles to the lineup.
The 14 Percent
Don’t worry about doing the Math to determine the value of Leno’s car collection because we’ve done it for you. Leno’s car collection is worth more than $50 million. But, it’s pretty difficult to put a price tag on a collection that is constantly changing. Not only is Leno always on the prowl for a new car to add to his collection, he frequently trades vehicles as well. Nonetheless, his collection contains some of the most impressive cars you’ll ever lay eyes upon.
Exactly what type of car catches the eye of Jay Leno? If his current collection tells us anything, it’s that Leno is an antique cars type of guy who is quite fond of cars from yesteryear. It tells us that Leno is a fan of sports cars and also has a niche for vintage and rare finds. Jay Leno is, simply put, just a car guy who loves cars.
Among the cars in the Leno collection:
– Ford GT Supercar: One of the newest additions to the collection, the GT Supercar was obtained after Leno completed a rigorous application process to become one of the first 500 units produced. See the GT Supercar on his YouTube channel.
– 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado: The Tornado was featured on Jay Leno’s Garage TV show. The car, designed by David North, has lots of personality and features and a unique look with a flared design that sets it apart from other models. Leno upgraded the Toronado with a V8 engine with up to 1070 hp.
– 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing Coupe: Rescued without an engine or transmission from a container in the desert, the 300SL was the perfect find for Leno who spends much of his free time fixing cars.
– 1986 Lamborghini Countach: The Countach is Leno’s favorite version of the car. He’s been the proud owner for more than 25 years already. The Lambo features a Quattro V12, 5.2-liter engine, 455 horsepower, and a 5-speed transmission. It tops out at a speed of about 175 mph.
– 2014 McLaren P1: It took one week for Jay Leno to rack up 1,000 miles on this bad boy. He helped the company sell all 375 manufactured units after his purchase and the brand thanks him partially for their success. Leno appreciates the McLaren because he says that it is a flawless car that serves as both a road car and a race car. With a top speed of 217 MPH, this car certainly has what it takes to make your heart speed race.
– 2006 EcoJet: The EcoJet was never released to the public. In fact, it was built in the Jay Leno Garage. It’s a unique car that features a carbon fiber body and an aluminum chassis. It is lightweight and runs on anything that can burn, though Leno uses biodiesel fuel.
Can You Visit Jay Leno’s Garage?
Imagine how cool it’d be to see the above cars (or any of the other cars in the Leno collection) up close and personal! Although Leno’s museum isn’t open to the public (can’t imagine why that would be,) fans did get a glimpse of his collection during the 2015 TV show Jay Leno’s Garage. Leno also frequently gives his fans up-close-and-personal vehicle tours via YouTube videos on his channel, Instagram and Facebook, and many other sources.
It’s phenomenal that one person can own so many great cars, but Leno certainly blows our minds away with the impressive cars filling his garage, He is the true definition of a car collector.